CNASA CUP/MITCAST 2015 12th Annual Badminton Tournament
[ News Board ] [ Home ] [ Printable PDF ] [ Printable PDF Chinese ]
Posted by Pan Li on September 16, 2015 at 09:20:53:
CNASA CUP/MITCAST 2015 12th Annual Badminton Tournament
Main Host of the event: Chinese North America Sports Association
Assistant Host: MIT CAST
Date: Sunday, October 25th, 2015 9:00am-6:00pm
Place£º Zesiger Athletic Center£¬Rockwell£¬Badminton Courts, MIT
1. The tournament will have two events going on simultaneously. A mixed team tournament
and a man¡¯s team tournament. A player may only register for one of the event. And each player may
play no more than two matches in each team matches.
2. Each game will be 21 points, best 2 out of 3 games wins the match.
3. Mixed team match consists of 5 matches: Mixed, Mixed, Men Double, Women Double
and Men Single. Men¡¯s team match consists of 5 matches: 3 Doubles and 2 Singles.
4. Men¡¯s team may have 4-6 players, and Mixed team may have 5-7 players. The maximum
number of each team is 8 players. Each team must have a captain. When you register,
please fill in
the names of each player name and his/her ranking; in particular, please specify the Captain¡¯s
name, email address and phone number.
5. If an event (either mixed team or Men¡¯s team) has 8 or more team participating, we may
split the event into A, B groups. Therefore, when you register, please specify which group your
team would like to be, A or B. The organization committee reserves the right to have the final
say about which group a team should go to.
6. Each team's players' ranking line-up sheet must be submitted to the organization
committee before the tournament begin. The order of the players is decided in accordance with
each player's individual ranking. In other word, the lineup must follow the "ranks". Stacking is not
allowed. The simple method for line-up order is to follow ascending order of the sum of each pair's
ranking. For example, the top 6 players in each team's number is: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6; and the first pair
must be the sum of the lowest number in any combinations: 1+2, then 1+3 or 2+3 and so on.
Example of Line up sheet:
1. Player 1 1. Player 1
2. Player 2 2. Player 2
3 Player 3 3. Player 3
7. The tournament is open to everyone above the age of 16. Juniors under the age of 16
must have parent permission for participating.
8. Each match will have one referee. Each team should have at least two person to be
referee for the event. Note: Please provide referees' contact information including name, phone
number and email address.
9. Referee of a match have the final say on any dispute during the match. All players
should respect the referee.
1. Go to our website: http://www.cnasa.org;
2. Click on "Online Registration";
3. Type your "team name" and then choose division to continue; Team name can be English or
Chinese, but don't use strange characters;
4. Fill the next form, especially the Captain's name, phone numbers and email address.
5. At the end of player names, please specify which division your team would like to
participate in case that the division is split into A, B groups.
6. Each team should have at least two person to be referee for the event. Please provide
referees' contact information including name, phone number and email address.
7. Once you finish, you will receive an e-mail to confirm your registration.
Registration Deadline: October 21st, 2015
Registration Fee: $180 for each team (this include court fee and shuttlecocks)
Please send a check payable to CNASA to: "CNASA 6 Marion Rd, Belmont MA 02478"
Note: The check must be received by our officer before October 21st, 2015, and NO
personal check will be accepted after October 21st, 2015. The team might still able to pay
the entry fee at the front desk with cash on October 25th, 2015 before the tournament.
Chief Referee: Wilson Li
Overall in Charge: CNASA Badminton Committee
Draws: Random draws will be made based on registration time.
Draws will be mailed to the captain of each team.
Feedback or suggestions, please contact: email@example.com
More information can be found at CNASA WebPage£ºwww.cnasa.org
Trophies will be given to the top three teams of each event (Mixed and Mens). In the
event that one event is split into group A and B, Trophies will only be given to the top
two teams of each group.
Lunch: The committee can help you order lunch box (Chinese Food) on the tournament
day, $10 per box (including water). If you need to order lunch, please send email to:
firstname.lastname@example.org and specify how many orders you need before October 21,2015.
Pork green beans with white rice
Beef browklee /w white rice
Kongbao chicken /w white rice
Veggie delight /w white rice
Waiver of Liability:
Upon entering this tournament under the auspices of the CNASA/ MITCAST, I, the team
leader, agree to abide by the current rules of the CNASA. I understand our participation in
this Badminton Tournament on Saturday, October 25th, 2015 is for enjoyment. I also
understand and am aware that our participation in this sports tournament may sustain
physical injuries regardless of fault. I further relinquish any legal claim against
CNASA/MITCAST and its board/committee members in the event that anyone of us is
injured during the tournament on Saturday, October 25th, 2015.
Before game starts:
Each Team Leader School/Association Name (October 25th, 2015)
This tournament is for increasing the communication among athletes in the greater Boston area.
We welcome collaboration and support from all organizations. If you can offer any help or
support, either financial support or manual support, please contact CNASA at email@example.com
Check donations, please mail to: CNASA, 6 Marion Rd, Belmont MA 02478, payable to
CNASA. This donation is tax deductible.