VB-T 5th 5-19 Game Format
[ News Board ] [ Home ] [ Printable PDF ]
Posted by CNASA on May 18, 2007 at 19:51:02:
2007 CNASA Volley Ball Tournament Game Format
In this year¡¯s tournament, we decide to adopt a new method that has been used in Yankee Volley Ball League for years. The advantage of this method is that every team can play more matches while still maintains similar amount of playing time. The details as follow:
1. We will has 14 teams all play in the same division. So there will be no separate divisions (A and B). We will have two pools, each with 7 teams.
2. In each pool¡¯s matches, teams will play round-robin. Each match will have two games, each game will be decided by which team reaches 15 points first. When there is a 14-14 tie, the team that scores first will win that game.
3. In pool¡¯s round-robin match, if a match is tie, there will be no decisive third game.
4. Each team will play 6 matches and 12 games in round-robin. The final ranking of each pool will be decided by the number of games each team wins, not by the number of matches.
5. If more than one team has the same win/lose record, the tie-breaker will be:
a. head to head record.
b. detailed scores of those teams
For example, if 4 teams are tied with same record, teams with better records among this teams will be ranked higher. If those records are still tied, the detailed points scored among those tied teams will be the tie-breaker.
6. Four teams in each pool will advance to the playoff, which is single elimination round.
7. Each playoff match will be decided in two games (15 points each). If a tie occurs, there will be a short game (11 points) to decide the winner.
8. Top three teams will have trophies.
Because there will be no division A, two teams (Burlington Evergreen and Karma A) that played in division A last year will be listed as top seed in each pool (Evergreen in pool A, Karma in pool B). Rest of the teams will be put into two pools based on CNASA drawing mechanism (explained later). The ideas are:
1. Teams from same organization will not be in the same pool.
2. Last year¡¯s second and third (Sharon and Typhoon) will be in pool B and A as secondary seeds.
Burlington Evergreen A, seeded to Pool A (division A team)
Karma A seeded to Pool B (division A team)
Sharon VB Pool B (second place last year)
Typhoon, seeded to Pool A (third place last year)
Karma Team B, Pool A (same organization rule)
Burlington Evergreen B, Pool B (same organization rule)
Sabin MIT, Fri, 20 Apr 2007 16:37:57, 20+4+16+37+57=134, Pool A
HARMONY Team A: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 10:38:49, 25+4+10+38+49=136, Pool A
HARMONY Team B: Pool B
Harvard CSSA: Sat, 28 Apr 2007 14:12:35, 4+28+14+12+35=93, Pool B
Tufts Hot spot, Pool A (same team as Harvard)
BU PETue, 01 May 2007 09:36:14, 5+1+9+36+14=65, Pool B
Acton Chinese Language School (ACLS), Thu, 3 May 2007 07:23:15, 5+3+7+23+13=51, Pool B
RU Varmongers(NJ): Wed, 9 May 2007 16:44:06, 5+9+16+44+6=80, Pool A
Burlington Evergreen A,
RU Varmonger (NJ)
Burlington Evergreen B
Team order is decided by the order of registration time,
A1. Team Burlington Evergreen (Burlington A), Thu, 12 Apr 2007 10:40:08
A2. Sabin MIT (MIT), Fri, 20 Apr 2007 16:37:57
A3, HARMONY Team A (Harmony A): Wed, 25 Apr 2007 10:38:49.
A4. Tufts Hot spot (Tufts), Sat, 28 Apr 2007 14:12:35
A5. Team Typhoon (Typhoon), Mon, 30 Apr 2007 10:41:05
A6. Karma Team B (Karma B), Fri, 4 May 2007 05:18:52
A7. RU Varmongers(NJ) , Wed, 9 May 2007 16:44:06
B1. HARMONY Team B (Harmony B): Wed, 25 Apr 2007 10:38:49
B2. Sharon VB team (Sharon), Fri, 27 Apr 2007 08:01:46
B3. Harvard CSSA (Harvard), Sat, 28 Apr 2007 14:12:35
B4. BU PETue (BU), 01 May 2007 09:36:14
B5. Acton Chinese Language School (ACLS), Thu, 3 May 2007 07:23:15
B6. Karma Team A (Karma A), Fri, 4 May 2007 05:18:52
A7. Burlington Evergreen 2 (Burlington B), Fri, 11 May 2007 09:36:45